The OTS program is an exciting instructional concept for Heavy Equipment Operators. Excavating contractors throughout the Lower Mainland, British Columbia and other Canadian Provinces are constantly in need of trained operators. Operators Training School Ltd. provides the source of well-trained personnel, thereby improving job creation and career enhancement opportunities. We have been training operators since 1987 and are registered with Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB).
All courses are fast-moving and with emphasis on skill development by actual equipment operation on simulated job sites.
All courses are competency-based, job oriented, and are in accordance with the regulations set out by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB). Students graduate with a C Level Certificate.
Our grading system:
- C Level – Novice Operator (expiry term 1 year);
- B Level – Intermediate Operator (expiry term 2 years);
- A-Level – Expert Operator (expiry term 5 years).
Operators are encouraged to return for recertification upon certificate expiry.
AT OTS YOU WILL LEARN THE TECHNIQUES OF…
The operation skills required by the excavation/industry to enter the workforce including
- Site Preparation
- Foundation and Footing Excavation
- Truck Loading
- Safe Trenching Practices for Underground Services
- Road Building
The ability to carry out required daily and scheduled maintenance tasks
- Operator Maintenance Routine
The knowledge of the services provided by excavating contractors to customers, prime contractors, and prospective customers
- Logical Job Sequence
- Interacting with Other Trades and Contractors
- Fundamentals of Earthmoving
Safe work practices are emphasized in all areas of skill training.
In order to be enrolled in a program at Operators Training School (OTS) students must comply with these requirements first:
- At least 19 years of age ( if between 16-18 years old a parent/ legal guardian signature is required)
- Physically fit – meaning: I am not impaired by any physical, mental, or emotional condition including substance use disorder that may impair my abilities to run heavy equipment.
- Able to communicate clearly in English. Must meet or have phone interview with an OTS staff member.